As many as 12 fire crews were called to a fire at the home of celebrity chef Rachel Ray Sunday night. Several witnesses said they thought the house at 22 Chuckwagon Trail on Lake Luzerne was a total loss.

One witness told the Sun Community News that they thought the fire started in the home's chimney and spread from there. Officially, the cause of the fire hasn't been determined.

A spokesperson for Rachel Ray released this statement: "Rachael, her husband John and their dog Bella are safe. The house is unfortunately damaged and we don't yet know to what extent."


Rachel Ray has been taping episodes of her cooking show in her Lake Luzerne home since April due to the pandemic. 
People.com reported that hours before the blaze engulfed the home, Ray had shared photos of the couple's meal with friends. Rachel Ray has ties to Upstate New York and moved to Lake Luzerne after selling her South Hampton home. She went to Lake George High School and graduated in 1986. Brian and Chrissy from our sister station, WGNA, had the opportunity to talk to firefighter Kenneth Dickinson who was at the Rachel Ray house fire.

  Here's video of the fire that fire officials had flames reaching 70 feet in the air.      

 

   

This is what the kitchen looked like before the fire.  

 

Enter your number to get our free mobile app

 

NEXT UP: Celebrities With Ties to the Capital Region