The Saratoga Automobile Museum Is Re-Opening Today
The Saratoga Automobile Museum is opening today, Monday, July 6, at noon with an all-new display of some amazing vehicles from the Dyson Racing collection. The exhibit will run through November 1 and features historic Indy race cars and other vintage automobiles owned by Rob Dyson.
Being a huge gearhead, and a fan of Indy Car Racing I'm especially excited to see the Dyson Racing 1984 Porsche 962. In addition to the 1984 Porsche 962 here's the list of other vehicles that will be part of the display.
1913 Isotta Fraschini Tipo IM
1929 Ford Model A Phaeton
1931 Ford Model A Five-Window Coupe
1956 Willy’s Jeep CJ-3B Fire Truck
1960s Mel Kenyon Midget #61
1961 Cooper Climax T-54
1965 AC Bristol Cobra
1967 AAR Eagle #42
1974 Datsun 510 #18
1974 Carling Black Label McLaren M16C/D IndyCar #73- driven by David Hobbs
1975 McLaren M16E Gatorade #2- driven by Johnny Rutherford
1984 Porsche 962-101 #16
2001 Lola EX-275-MG AER #20
2009-2011 Lola B09/86 #16
Now as many of you might know I'm a huge Jeep fan and have owned a few classic Jeeps as well. So, another vehicle that will be on display is a 1956 Willy’s Jeep CJ-3B Fire Truck. It's a tiny firetruck that was built on a Jeep frame. They are pretty rare and I've never seen one in-person.
Under New York Forward Phase Four guidelines the Museum is implementing the following safety procedures;
- To allow for physical distancing, total Museum capacity has been reduced to 25 percent.
- Timed admission tickets are available for purchase online and will allow visitors to reserve a specific date and time to enter the Museum, alleviating congestion in the front lobby and throughout the Museum.
- Walk-In admissions are welcome but will be limited. Please use social distancing when coming to the Museum’s visitor’s entrance.
- Visitors and staff must wear face masks and practice social distancing while in the Museum.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection will take place both within Museum spaces and office areas, while protective clear acrylic shields have been installed at the Museum admission desk and at the check-out counter in the Museum Gift Shop.
- All employees and volunteers will be given a health screening assessment each day prior to entering the Museum.
For more information or to buy reserved tickets visit The Saratoga Automobile Museum.